List of awards and honors
- In 1997 he was awarded the Richard Mertens Prize for his work, “Computer Assisted Quality Assurance in Positive Psychotherapy”. This Prize is one of the highest awards of quality assurance in the medical field in Europe.
- In 1998 Federal Medical Chamber of Germany awarded Prof. Dr. med. Peseschkian the Ernst von Bergmann Plague for Services in Continuing Medical Education for Physicians in Germany.
- In June of 1998, President Prof. B.D. Karvarrarsky nominated Prof. Dr. med. Peseschkian as Honorary Member of the Russian Association for Psychotherapy. The ceremony took place in Moscow.
- The Lord-Major of the city of Santa Cruz, Bolivia, declared Prof. Dr. med. Peseschkian as Honorary Citizen for his outstanding Postgraduate Teaching Projects at NUR University.
- The Primorsky Branch of the Russian Association of Psychotherapy honored Prof. Dr. med. Peseschkian in July of 1999 with the “Ceramic Dolphin Prize” for Distinguished Contributions in Development of High Standard Psychotherapeutic Training in the Primorye Region of Russia.
- In 2002, upon nomination of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Germany, the Foundation Samii-Housseinpur, Belgium, awarded Prof. Dr. med. Peseschkian in the category of science (in recognition of his achievements).
- In January 2006, Prof Dr. Nossrat Peseschkian received the Order of Merit, Distinguished Service Cross of the Federal Republic of Germany. (Bundesverdienstkreuz). The President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Dr. Horst Köhler, signed the Document. "This Order is the highest recognition of the Federal Republic of Germany for those citizens who have acquired distinguished services and achievements in social-economical, political and spiritual fields as well as their particular services for the Republic for example social charity and humanitarian aid."
- In June 2006 Association of Iranian Physicians and Dentists in Germany honored Prof. Peseschkian and two other nominees - among the Iranian Physicians - with an award of recognition for their significant scientific contribution to the field of medicine and health in the world.
- In November 2006 Prof. Peseschkian was one of the honourees of the Encyclopaedia Iranica at the Geneva Gala. Encyclopaedia Iranica is a branch of Columbia University in New York, United States.